The 4580 Smoke Alarm is a photoelectric 120V AC smoke alarm with battery back-up for single or multiple station use. The 4580 has a front loading battery door, 85 decibel horn, test switch and dual purpose LED indicator; constant green “power on” confirms AC power is present and the flashing red displays alarm/battery status. Our unique PowerLink™ Tab is designed to allow the smoke alarm to be shipped with the battery already installed. It keeps the door from closing until installation, which prevents the battery from draining prematurely. The installer simply removes the PowerLink™ Tab, closes the door and tests the unit. This results in a faster installation time. The dust cover eliminates nuisance call-backs by keeping construction dust and debris from causing false alarms.
This smoke alarm mounts to any single or 4” octagon junction box or square-to-round drywall ring and has 8” long pigtails with a Quick Connect™ wiring harness for permanent connection. The 4580 is interconnectable with up to 11 other compatible Firex smoke alarms and as many as 6 Firex Heat, CO or Smoke/CO Combo Alarms for a total of not more than 18 interconnected devices. This Firex unit should be installed in residential dwellings in accordance with local building code requirements. Fire safety professionals recommend one smoke alarm be installed in every room of a house.
- Advanced photoelectric design — Fast detection of slow, smoldering fires.
- Front loading battery door — Makes battery changing simple.
- Powerlink™ Tab — Makes installation faster and easier.
- Dust Cover — Helps eliminate nuisance callbacks.
- Interconnects with Firex ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms — Compatible with other contractor preferred Firex products (see Technical Specifications section for interconnectable units).
- Dual Power/Alarm LED — Confirms unit is receiving power and provides visual indication of initiating alarm in interconnected systems.
- Attractive low-profile design — Favorite among consumers.
|Item ||4580 |
|Model ||FPAD (Firex 120-1693) |
|Weight ||8 oz. |
|Operating Temperature ||40° - 100°F(4.4°C to 37.8°C) |
|Interconnect Quantity ||Up to 18 Firex devices maximum; smoke alarm items 4580 (model FAPD), 5000 and 4618 (model FADC), 4518 (model ADC), 4418 (model AD), 4480 (model PAD), Firex heat alarm item 5700 (model ADH), CO alarm item 6045 (model COQ8), smoke & CO alarm item 7000 (model FADCQ) (up to 6 heat, CO, smoke & CO alarms max.) |
|Electrical Rating ||120V AC, 60HZ, 50mA max, 9 volt battery back-up |
|Alarm Point ||2.1 ± 0.7% |
|Horn Output ||85 decibels at 10 feet |
|Listings ||UL 217 |
|Detection Type ||Photoelectric Chamber |
|Humidity Range ||10% to 93% Relative Humidity |