The Kidde i4618 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
The front-loading battery door allows user to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket making battery replacement easy and convenient. This smoke alarm is available in a 6-piece cut case with tray for easy display as well as a 6-piece bulk pack for contractors and property owners. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 5-year limited warranty. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
Features & BenefitsEasy Installation
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
Fewer CallbacksUser-Friendly Features
- Large centrally located Test/Hush® alarm control button.
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Easy access front loading battery door.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.
|Item ||i4618 |
|Model ||i4618 |
|Weight ||8 ounces |
|Operating Temperature ||40° - 100°F(4.4°C to 37.8°C) |
|Interconnect Quantity ||Up to 18 Firex devices maximum: 12 smoke alarm items 5000, 4618 and 46182 (model FADC), 4518 (model ADC) and 4480 (model PAD). Up to 6 heat, carbon monoxide or smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarms maximum; Firex carbon monoxide alarm item 10000 (model COE) and 6045 (model COQ8), Firex smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm item 12000 (model FADCM) and 7000 (model FADCQ) or Firex heat alarm item 5700 (model ADH). |
|Electrical Rating ||120V AC, 60HZ, 50mA max, 9 Volt Battery Back-up |
|Alarm Point ||obs. 1.35 ± 0.7%/ft.. |
|Horn Output ||85 decibels at 10 feet |
|Listings ||UL 217 |
|Detection Type ||Dual Ionization Chamber |
|Humidity Range ||10% to 93% Relative Humidity |